I'll Be Home for Christmas

Monday, November 26


The past week has been dominated by holiday plans. 

I have been in Korea for about 9 months.  Most of this time was spent in Gangnam at a school called Jung Chul Jr.  Don’t bother looking it up; we burned that mother to the ground (in a business sense).  While my job now has taken quite a bit of time to get used to, I am thankful to have fallen in with a decent school and a bunch of funny, sarcastic coworkers. 

The downside to this situation was that unless my folks came here, I would likely not see them for another year.  My original plan was to take a month or so off after my original contract ended to get my Shrewsbury fill but this “school closing” thing really but a bad spin on that.

As a result of that realization and certain other stresses, I have lately felt a considerable amount of homesickness.  I found myself laying up at night thinking about Manville, my parents, my sister, my dog.  I thought about my friends at home and for the first time in this whole like abroad thing, really missed EVERYTHING.

A few weeks ago I found out that my Christmas vacation is fairly sizeable.  The idea of going home for that little spell popped into my mind and never left.  Soon enough I was listening to Christmas music and I knew it was inevitable.  So, $1400 later I will be home for Christmas. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your two cents?

Concerning Photographs

All images are my own unless otherwise noted. I am no Capa, but please respect that photography is how I make a living and ask before you use any images.

-Tom

Blog Archive

Just trying to stay relevant.

Footer

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP